CoreSite's new data center opens in Secaucus, New Jersey
NEW YORK, Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CoreSite Realty Corporation (NYSE: COR), a provider of network-dense, cloud-enabled data center products and services, today announces that its NY2 facility, located in Secaucus, NJ, opened on December 2. NY2 is a 280,000 square-foot data center, which is connected to CoreSite's NY1 facility located at a network dense point of interconnection in Manhattan to create one of the most powerful, network-dense, low-latency campuses on the East Coast. The New York campus hosts a rich community of enterprises, financial services providers, ISPs, cloud providers, and over 70 domestic and international carriers. For more information on the facility's technical specifications, visit http://www.coresite.com/secaucus-data-center.php
NY2 is designed to create a scalable option for enterprises looking to expand and reduce cost in the New York metro area while optimizing performance with direct, low-latency access to the digital center of Manhattan. CoreSite designed the facility to address the performance-sensitive and security requirements of enterprises, with an abundant number of high-speed network deployments that complement the existing network, cloud and enterprise density at CoreSite's NY1 facility.
Key initial fiber networks
The first of many network and fiber providers committed to deploy in CoreSite's NY2 facility include:
- Cogent Communications, a multinational, Tier 1 ISP that specializes in providing high speed Internet access and Ethernet transport over its 100% fiber optic IP network.
- Comcast Business, which is delivering an Ethernet Dedicated Internet line to help organizations of all sizes meet their business objectives and ensure reliable and scalable connectivity between CoreSite customers and their data.
- Cross River Fiber, a New Jersey-based dark fiber optic and telecommunications solutions provider that designs, constructs, and maintains its own independent and redundant network infrastructure for financial firms.
- Hudson Fiber Network (HFN), the premier data transport provider offering flexible, high bandwidth, lowest latency solutions for financial, content, carrier and enterprise clients.
- Lightower, the premier, all-fiber provider of custom, high-capacity network services that ensure optimal application and business performance.
- Seaborn Networks, an independent developer and operator of submarine fiber optic cable systems.
- Sunesys, a telecommunications company that provides dedicated dark fiber and e-rate wide area networks to healthcare companies.
- tw telecom, a leading national provider of managed network services, including Business Ethernet, throughout the U.S. tw telecom is the top-ranked competitive provider of Business Ethernet in the country according to Vertical Systems Group.
- United Fiber and Data, whose network presents the next level of true, physical diversity and unrivaled business continuity – strategically designed to bypass to single points of failure between New York City and northern Virginia.
- Zayo Group, a global provider of Bandwidth Infrastructure services that offers low latency bandwidth via fiber assets on direct and diverse routes beneficial to financial customers.
"Our NY2 facility offers CoreSite customers a scalable, reliable and cost-effective solution for performance-sensitive applications and computing workloads in a low-latency environment with direct connection back to our NY1 facility and other key points of network distribution in Manhattan," said Tom Ray, Chief Executive Officer at CoreSite. "Reflecting the value of NY2's location, 10 networks signed leases at NY2 prior to opening, enabling seamless operations with diverse network paths and potential latency below 0.3 ms, as well as key public cloud providers at our NY1 facility. With an estimated operating cost as low as 60% below that in Manhattan, and with CoreSite's industry-leading customer service, we believe that NY2 brings to market a compelling solution to a wide range of mission-critical, high-performance data center requirements among enterprises, systems integrators and managed service providers, and Internet, cloud, content service providers."
CoreSite Realty Corporation (NYSE: COR) delivers secure, reliable, high-availability data center products and services across eight key North American markets. CoreSite connects, protects and ensures the optimal performance and continued operation of mission-critical data and IT infrastructure for enterprises and Internet, private networking, mobility, and cloud service providers. CoreSite's scalable platform of over 2.5 million square feet of efficient, network-dense, cloud-enabled data center capacity empowers customers to accelerate business performance, reduce operating costs and increase flexibility across their IT and communications systems. CoreSite's 350 professionals deliver best-in-class service by placing customer needs first in supporting the planning, implementation and operating requirements necessary to ensure reliable, secure and efficient IT environments.
More than 750 of the world's leading enterprises, carriers and mobile operators, content and cloud providers and media and entertainment companies choose CoreSite to connect, protect and optimize their performance-sensitive data, applications and computing workloads. CoreSite provides direct access to more than 275 carriers and ISPs, inter-site connectivity and CoreSite's Open Cloud Exchange, which supports rapid, efficient and scalable Ethernet access to multiple key public clouds, enabling simple, flexible, multi-cloud capabilities. For more information, visit www.CoreSite.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Forward-looking statements relate to expectations, beliefs, projections, future plans and strategies, anticipated events or trends and similar expressions concerning matters that are not historical facts. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "believes," "expects," "may," "will," "should," "seeks," "approximately," "intends," "plans," "pro forma," "estimates" or "anticipates" or the negative of these words and phrases or similar words or phrases that are predictions of or indicate future events or trends and that do not relate solely to historical matters. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and contingencies, many of which are beyond CoreSite's control, that may cause actual results to differ significantly from those expressed in any forward-looking statement. These risks include, without limitation: the geographic concentration of CoreSite's data centers in certain markets and any adverse developments in local economic conditions or the demand for data center space in these markets; fluctuations in interest rates and increased operating costs; difficulties in identifying properties to acquire and completing acquisitions; significant industry competition; CoreSite's failure to obtain necessary outside financing; CoreSite's failure to qualify or maintain its status as a REIT; financial market fluctuations; changes in real estate and zoning laws and increases in real property tax rates; and other factors affecting the real estate industry generally. All forward-looking statements reflect CoreSite's good faith beliefs, assumptions and expectations, but they are not guarantees of future performance. Furthermore, CoreSite disclaims any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement to reflect changes in underlying assumptions or factors, of new information, data or methods, future events or other changes. For a further discussion of these and other factors that could cause CoreSite's future results to differ materially from any forward-looking statements, see the section entitled "Risk Factors" in CoreSite's most recent annual report on Form 10-K, and other risks described in documents subsequently filed by CoreSite from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission
SOURCE CoreSite Realty Corporation